Sorry, currently out of stock
Angi is souring the beans from Kim Wilson, Co-Founder of Cocoa Future. Kim is traveling and working direct with the farmers in Indonesia. Here’s why they are exceptional:
Coagricsal began as a coffee cooperative and is now one of the largest exporters of organic, fair-trade coffee in Latin America. They encouraged their members to plant cocoa as a way to diversify income / reduce volatility. Their deep experience in growing and post-harvesting coffee has translated into remarkably well-grown and fermented cocoa.
- They are community-minded. They are looking for ways to provide meaningful and safe work for more women in the community!
- Their farmers maintain certification and on-going training with Organic Certification and Fairtrade International to tackle poverty and empower producers and traders to seek better terms of trade.
- Their genetics, centralized and carefully managed fermentation and drying techniques yield an incredibly smooth and easy chocolate flavor that tastes far less “intense” than typical 80% cocoa content chocolate bars. Look for flavor notes of banana, nuts and even coffee in their cocoa beans.
- Their organic cocoa beans are the source of our Harmony flavor - a 2018 Good Food Award Winner for the confections category!
- They’re another very entrepreneurial group - with several women in the community who hand-make bonbons and other chocolate treats. PLUS, they opened their own chocolate bar factory in February 2019!
Ingredients Used: 3 - Cacao Beans, Organic Cane Sugar, Cocoa Butter
Roast Profile: 15 - 19 min in Behmor
Conche Time: 45 hours
Cocoa Content: 78%
Cacao Variety: unknown
Weight: 1 oz x 2 bars
Allergen Information: May contain traces of tree nuts (cashew, almonds, coconut, hazelnuts) and peanuts
Tasting Notes: Nutty, coffee, pineapple