Sorry, currently out of stock
Angi is souring the beans from Kim Wilson, Co-Founder of Cocoa Future. Kim is traveling and working directly with the farmers in Indonesia. Here’s why the farmers at origin are exceptional:
- The 2,300+ cooperative members actively manage and invest in their farms.
- Their farmers maintain certification and on-going training with Rainforest Alliance to maintain biodiversity and ensure sustainable livelihoods.
- Their genetics, fermentations and careful sun-drying yield a bright, fruity flavor often associated with better-known origins like Madagascar.
- Women are well represented and active in their cooperative management structure.
- They’re an enterprising group that has ventured into making their own chocolate confections, drinks and products for sale locally and nationally.
- They are the model of hospitality - hosting countless visitors from chocolate producing nations and often other grower groups from around the world for knowledge exchange!
- They were our first grower partner - they have willingly pushed through every experiment, obstacle and growing pain together.
Ingredients Used: 3 - Cacao Beans, Organic Cane Sugar, Cocoa Butter
Roast Profile: 16 - 17 min in Behmor
Conche Time: 50 hours
Cocoa Content: 78%
Cacao Variety: The smaller farmer haven't done genetics, but larger farmers have: Nanay and Trinitario
Weight: 1 oz x 2 bars
Allergen Information: May contain traces of tree nuts (cashew, almonds, coconut, hazelnuts) and peanuts
Tasting Notes: Caraway, tropical fruit, lemon